You’re one decision away from starting a new career!
CAPPA Childbirth Educators Certificate
Earn the Childbirth Educators credential and start your own teaching career
Want to challenge yourself with a new career? Join us to get the internationally recognized CAPPA Childbirth Educators Certificate. This 18-hour training is part of the mandatory requirements to become a CAPPA (Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association) Certified Childbirth Educator. This training teaches you how to run a successful childbirth class, improve your facilitation skills, and use interactive activities to engage with your future clients. Your Faculty will continue to offer you support until you become certified as a Childbirth Educator, CCCE.
WHAT DO I LEARN IN THE TRAINING?
You will learn:
- roles and responsibilities of a Childbirth Educator
- facilitation skills for adult learners
- developing engaging prenatal classes
- innovative teaching strategies
- stages of labour
- labour support techniques
- comfort measures and pain control
- medical Interventions
- helping clients make informed decisions and communication
- postpartum and newborn care
- infant feeding
- building a private business in childbirth education
INVESTMENT FOR THE CAPPA CHILDBIRTH EDUCATORS CERTIFICATE TRAINING:
US$595 (or C$795, £480)
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
The fee will include:
- 18 hours of virtual training
- 200-page training manual
- ongoing support from the trainer until you receive your CCCE Certification
- access to the private Facebook Group to learn with your peers
- selection of handout templates for you to start your own classes
Each student must attend the full training to receive the Certificate of Attendance toward your CAPPA certification.
Weekend virtual training:
Don’t see the training that you are looking for?
- All cancellations for the CCCE training must be made in writing.
- Written cancellation received more than six weeks before the training, a full refund minus $150 administration fee will be granted.
- Written cancellation received on or less than six weeks before the training, no refund will be eligible. However, the applicant may choose to attend an alternate training offered by the same CAPPA Faculty within 12 months, or you may choose to transfer your fee to another attendee to replace your spot.
- The applicant can only transfer to another training or another attendee once. If the transfer does not take place within 12 months, all fees will be forfeited.
- The training manual is non-refundable. If the applicant cancels the training, the manual, including tax and admin fee of $150 will be deducted from your account.
- No-shows are not eligible for an alternate training or a refund.
- CAPPA Faculty is not responsible for any travel expenses for attending the training under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to reschedule the training at the discretion of the Faculty.